Saturday, October 27, 2007

Week 7: #17 Blog About Technology

This past week I learned how to convert a frame relay WAN circuit into an MPLS circuit that has 10% tagged basic packets, and 90% tagged enhanced packets so that the QoS (Quality of Service) could provide efficient means in which the UDP packets for the VOIP (Voice Over IP) would supercede the TCP packets for HTTP using a Cisco 2811 router. After this was completed, I installed a WAN optimization device so that the packets could then be compressed and cached. I used WCCP 2.0 for this as opposed to inline mode. All in all, not a bad day.

Just kidding! I copied that from another website. I actually used a few popular online auction websites (eBay, Craigslist) to sell several items. As they say, "one man's junk is another man's treasure." I found it to be fun, easy and cheaper to sell my items online as opposed to taking out an ad in the local newspaper or having a garage sale. Within a few days, the items had received bids higher than I anticipated. Speaking of newspapers, I now find it easier to use www.weather.com, www.cnn.com, and www.msn.com to gather information about news instead of reading the newspaper or watching television.

The second part, I added a comment on "ctechnonot" blog, #175, Week 7 #17.

No comments: